How do I use Parental Controls on my Link TV service?
Watch this tutorial to learn how to enable and set the Parental Controls on your Link TV service:
To offer parents more control over the programming and content their children can access, Parental Controls enable parents to selectively block programming by channel or rating. Parental controls are disabled by default, and must be enabled by the master user.
Enable Parental Controls:
- Press Menu on your remote control, navigate the highlight to Settings and press OK on the remote control.
- Navigate to Preferences and press OK. Enter your pin (defaults to 0000 unless otherwise changed in User settings).
- Under Preferences, navigate the highlight to Parental Control, press OK to check the box, navigate the highlight to Submit and press OK.
Modify Parental Controls Settings:
- On the Menu, navigate to Settings, arrow over to Users and press OK. Enter your pin (defaults to 0000 unless otherwise changed in User settings) and press OK.
- Arrow Down to Parental Control and press OK. Check the controls you want to activate for your family.
• Movie Rating: Select the maximum movie rating you will allow (G is the most childappropriate, X-XXX is adult content).
• TV Rating: Select the maximum rating for TV shows you will allow (TVY is most child-appropriate, TVMA is adult content).
• Unlock Timeout: Set a timer for when the Parental Controls will unlock.
• Block Unrated: Restrict all titles that do not have a rating associated with them.
• S, V, L, F, D Check Boxes: Check here the type of content you would like to restrict.
- Once you have finished your selections, arrow Down to Submit and press OK.
- Press Exit on your remote control to leave Settings.
Quick Toggle Parental Controls:
Once you’ve enabled Parental Controls, you can quickly toggle the Parental Controls using the Control On/Off function.
- Press Menu on your remote control, navigate the highlight to Settings and over to Control On or Off.
- To turn it off, press OK and enter your Master pin (this is the main users pin – default is 0000 unless otherwise changed in User settings).
- To turn it on, just highlight it and press OK.