Polycom VVX411 Tutorial – Transferring Calls (Warm and Cold Transfer)
Your Polycom Phone supports two types of Call Transfers, both Blind Transfers and Consultative (Warm) Transfers. Blind (or cold) transfers send the call directly to the line of your choice. Warm transfers allow you to see if the person is available on that line before you transfer the call.
By default your Polycom phone will complete all transfers as Warm (Consultative) transfers.
Follow this video tutorial to learn how to do warm (consultative) or cold (blind) call transfers on your Polycom VVX 411 Phone from Execulink Telecom.
To transfer an active call to another extension/external number using the default Warm Transfer:
- During an active call, press the TRANSFER function key or the transfer button. This will automatically place the active call on hold and you will hear a dial tone.
- Dial the number of the party you wish to transfer the call to and, press SEND.
- When you are ready to transfer the call, press the TRANSFER function key or use the transfer button.
To transfer an active call to another extension or external number using the Blind (Cold) Transfer:
- During an active call, press and hold the TRANSFER function key. This will automatically place the call on hold and start a blind transfer.
- Dial the number of the party you wish to transfer the call to and press the SEND function key.